12.07.2010

Easy Garlic Hummus Dip


Looking for a flavorful, easy dish to take to a holiday gathering?  This garlic hummus is addictive!  You can use it as a dip or a spread, and serve it alongside veggies, pita bread, or pita chips.

Here's what you need:

1 16 oz can garbanzo beans, drained (reserve 4-5 tablespoons of the liquid)
2 tablespoons tahini
1/8 cup + 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
pinch or two of ground red pepper
pinch of dried parsley

What to do:

Place everything except for the parsley in a food processor.  Blend until smooth.

Transfer mixture to a serving bowl and sprinkle with an additional pinch of red pepper and a pinch of parsley.

Serve with veggies, pita bread, pita chips, small toasted bread pieces, or crackers.  Yum!

Join me for hors d'eouvres, anyone?  Oh, I wish you would!

            Warmly,
post signature


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
***If you enjoyed this post, subscribe to Like a Bubbling Brook via email updates - it's free!
You can also easily follow along on Facebook.
 



13 comments:

  1. I would love to join you for a sit down over a few snacks of this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! My husband is Lebanese and makes a mean hummus. It makes us so happy when other people explore the food of his culture. Aside from as a dip or spread, we sometimes use it in a salad (with some oil and perhaps balsamic vinegar) in much the same way you would use tuna salad... Just scooped on top and then mixed in.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, adding it to a salad sounds wonderful! I may need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love making hummus. I think I'll be trying your recipe and using red bell peppers as dippers. Thanks! Your blog has become one of my favorites to peruse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Apron, What a sweet thing to say! Thank you so much for perusing, and for your precious comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love hummus at our house. I posted a photo recipe tutorial on my blog a while back. In my recipe, I don't use tahini, but I do add cumin. I think that takes it over the top!

    http://fromchapelhilltochickenville.blogspot.com/2010/01/homemade-hummus-photo-tutorial.html

    BTW, what is the bread loaf on your header photo? It's delicious looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aimee, the photo is of my whole wheat cinnamon raisin walnut bread. I've shared the recipe here: http://likeabubblingbrook.blogspot.com/2010/05/100-whole-wheat-cinnamon-raisin-walnut.html

    Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't get my family to eat hummus, but I love it. I'll have to make this one just for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, My family doesn't prefer hummus either; I think it's best, though, because then I can have it all to myself :) I could eat it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for simplifying this WAY more than most recipes I've found. We LOVE hummus!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jaime,
    We love a good Hummus Dip, and your recipe looks great. Thank you for sharing and thank you for your beautiful music...It Is Good With My Soul!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy reading your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts; you've all helped to create a wonderful little community here at Like a Bubbling Brook.

Please remember the old adage "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." While I love to hear from you, comments encouraging division and condemnation will not be published - rather, they will be promptly deleted.

I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say! I wish we could chat over coffee or tea one day ~

xoxo,

Jaime

Related Posts with Thumbnails