8.23.2010

On a Saturday Night in Chicago ~


Saturday evening, on a whim, we made a little jaunt into Chicago.  A couple of months ago I purchased a Fox & Obel Food Market gift certificate from Groupon and had been not-so-patiently waiting to use it!  (If you haven't tried out Groupon, please do - there are great deals to be had in a big city near you.  They will send you daily emails and let you know what the deal of the day is in your area.)  My certificate was for $40 worth of food, but it only cost me $20 on Groupon's site.


We'd been to Fox & Obel once or twice before, mostly to browse, and it is not known for it's reasonable prices, I can assure you of that.  Still, they have top quality foods to choose from, and several unique international foods as well.  It's a gourmet grocery store set right in the heart of downtown.


We made it a fun evening, and brought home some special treats for the mere $20 I spent ($40 value):

Kemp's milk (plain and chocolate!)
Organic greek yogurt (I usually make my own, but I needed a new starter)
Edamame
Pluots (yum!)
Grapefruits
Jelly Belly licorice mix (this was Gentry's... we allowed him to choose one treat for himself)
A wedge of Saxony's Raw Milk Cheese (LOVE THIS ONE!)
And then, we just had to grab a snack for the ride back home, so we added some gourmet cheddar and caramel popcorn to the cart, along with two Oranginas :)

I must admit, had the popcorn been marked with a price, I would have definitely chosen a different snack to travel home with.  Oh my!  But we had a great time together and the food was soooo yummy. 


It's fun to do something different once in awhile, isn't it?  Do you have any any memories of a unique trip or experience from this summer?  Please share!

            Joyfully,
post signature


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for taking the time to visit Like a Bubbling Brook. As another busy mama, I understand that your very few spare minutes are precious. If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to receive free updates via email. Thanks for visiting!
 
 Search & Win


No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy reading your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts; you've all helped to create a wonderful little community here at Like a Bubbling Brook.

Please remember the old adage "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." While I love to hear from you, comments encouraging division and condemnation will not be published - rather, they will be promptly deleted.

I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say! I wish we could chat over coffee or tea one day ~

xoxo,

Jaime

Related Posts with Thumbnails