5.24.2010

Precious Time With My Children

"Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one’s youth." Psalm 127: 4-5
Children are a blessing... a reward.  We believe that, and we cherish our time with our two boys.

That's why, when SarahMae offered this challenge, I just had to join in.

One day?  Anything my lovelies wanted?  Precious time with them while being completely present?  Surely I could give them one day. 

And so we played in the backyard while our large lilac bush was in full bloom and so very fragrant.

We had water fights with the garden hose.  Splashed in the kiddie pool.  Chased each other.  Got in Daddy's way as his strong arms pushed the lawnmower through 90 degree heat.  Drank icy cold drinks together.  Scribbled chalk on the patio.  Lounged on lawn chairs.  Crawled through tunnels.  Blew bubbles.

And it was wonderful.

Think you might want to do it, too?

      Warmly,
post signature






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First time here? Get each new post tucked into your email. 
 
Linked with Finer Things FridayWFMW, Word-Filled WednesdayTuesdays Unwrapped and Gratituesday.
 


holy experience


17 comments:

  1. Not one day - every day! Sometimes I get so focused on my other roles in life, I forget what a privilege it is to be home with my kids. Then, I stop and revel in the gift! Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martianne, I'm like you... it's easy for me to get focused on everything else I have to do and there are seasons when I constantly hear myself saying to them, "Not now," or "in a little while."

    It was great to have a day that was set aside just for them, not housework or much of anything else...just them :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Passing through from Tuesdays Unwrapped, I love days like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how sweet!! I'm so blessed with a rich heritage of sons as well. Five of them!! He's precious...

    Loved your pictures too.

    Thanks so much for joining us this WFW♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely and praying that you have more of these precious days scheduled..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious gift and treasure to give and receive. Time with God's gifts to us. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Time is such a lovely gift.

    Blessings,
    SnoWhite

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right. It's always a pleasure to run into someone who appreciates the high calling of motherhood and enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen, children are precious gifts straight from God's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Children are little for such a short time, but the memories will last forever...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Neat testimony, well linked to the pictures. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool! Great pics!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to do that! I get caught up in the "just a seconds" and "not nows" of life. Need to let go of everything else every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy reading your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts; you've all helped to create a wonderful little community here at Like a Bubbling Brook.

Please remember the old adage "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." While I love to hear from you, comments encouraging division and condemnation will not be published - rather, they will be promptly deleted.

I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say! I wish we could chat over coffee or tea one day ~

xoxo,

Jaime

Related Posts with Thumbnails