Granola + yogurt = match made in heaven. Really.
Here's a simple way to make granola yourself. We love it. Feel free to pile it high on a big bowl of homemade yogurt :o)
Here's what you'll need:
4 cups rolled oats
3/4 c oat bran
1/2 c chopped almonds
1/2 c chopped pecans
1/2 c chopped walnuts
1 tsp salt
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c maple syrup
1/4 c honey
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c raisins
What to do:
1) Preheat the oven to 325. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2) Combine oats, bran, and nuts in large bowl.
3) Stir together salt, brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, oil, cinnamon, and vanilla in a saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, then pour over oat mixture and stir to coat.
4) Spread the mixture evenly over the baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 20 minutes. Stir once halfway through.
5) Cool, then stir in raisins and store in airtight container.
This post is linked with Pennywise Platter Thursday at the Nourishing Gourmet.