2.21.2010

Menu Plan Monday: Frugal & Healthy Meal Plan, Week of 2/22


Last week's chili pie was so good; if you haven't already, check out my post about it here.

Our supermarket has some great sales this week on roast, potatoes, peanut butter, and yogurt. We'll definitely be stocking up, while staying within our $65 grocery budget.

I've built the meal plan around this week's sales and what I have on hand. I'm especially excited about finding a good recipe for fish tacos! I'm not much of a seafood lover, but being that my hubbie is from the Caribbean, he has fond memories of fish tacos and has been asking me to make them. I'll be trying them out for the first time this week!

Here's what's planned:

Breakfasts
Oat groats with blueberries, almonds, and maple syrup
Yogurt and fresh fruit
Cereal
Eggs and toast
Pancakes and turkey bacon

Lunches
Leftovers 3x
PB&J
Tuna fish sandwiches

Dinners
Roasted zucchini and fish tacos
Ultimate potato soup with turkey bacon
Chicken fricassee with potatoes
Black bean Chipotle-style tacos served with cilantro rice
Beef barley stew
Leftover buffet
(and eat out one night)

I'm linking up with Orgjunkie.com for this Menu Plan Monday. Be sure to check out the other meal plans there! You might find some great new recipes.



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a healthy and balanced menu - one my family would enjoy and your budget is right on target with ours (or my target, that I don;t always reach). We'll have to try the fish tacos one night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think about the fish tacos. I love that they are topped with avocado... I love avocado! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy reading your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts; you've all helped to create a wonderful little community here at Like a Bubbling Brook.

Please remember the old adage "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." While I love to hear from you, comments encouraging division and condemnation will not be published - rather, they will be promptly deleted.

I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say! I wish we could chat over coffee or tea one day ~

xoxo,

Jaime

Related Posts with Thumbnails