6.24.2010

Wake Up Your Eggs With Horseradish & Dill


We like our eggs to have a bit of a kick; whether they be zesty or salty, they can't be JUST eggs.  They have to be dressed-up a bit.

One of our favorite ways to do eggs is to scramble them with lightly sauteed veggies (here I used zucchini, vidalia onion, and red bell pepper, sauteed in about two tablespoons of butter).  Whisk together four eggs, add a dash of cream and a dash of horseradish, and whisk again.  Pour the egg mixture over the veggies in the skillet, add a small handful of chopped fresh dill, and salt & pepper to taste.  Continue "scrambling" the eggs as you normally would, being careful not to overcook them.

How do you like your eggs?

             xoxo,
post signature


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like this site? Get each new post tucked into your email.
{This recipe is linked in my Recipe Index, and at the Nourishing Gourmet, Real Food Wednesday, and Ultimate Recipe Swap.}


7 comments:

  1. Yumminess! We don't have bacon or sausage often, but when we do I save every drop of fat to fry eggs in. I also love adding veggies and red pepper (for LOTS of kick!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaime. I am visiting from NFF. I am a mom with a graduate degree at home teaching my children as well. I am also into natural foods and love the LORD. Sounds like we have a lot in common. Look forward to reading more.
    ~Theresa
    www.beingrefinedassilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Theresa ~ I just left a comment on your blog :o) It's so nice to "meet" a likeminded friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! /i am visiting from NFF. We are not huge egg eaters here. We like to grab an omelet on occasion at IHOP but that's about the extent of eggs for me. I put tons of hot sauce on it and usually get one with ham, cheese, onion, tomatoes, and sour cream. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea--it's simpler and quicker than an omelet, but has some of those goodies blended right in. The zing of horseradish is a surprising addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lately I have been LOVING over easy eggs (with extra egg whites) sprinkled/cooked with paprika & cilantro & pepper! So delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmm! This sounds so delicious, I think that I am going to have to try this. And those pancakes as well. These will both be added to my menu planning. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy reading your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts; you've all helped to create a wonderful little community here at Like a Bubbling Brook.

Please remember the old adage "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." While I love to hear from you, comments encouraging division and condemnation will not be published - rather, they will be promptly deleted.

I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say! I wish we could chat over coffee or tea one day ~

xoxo,

Jaime

Related Posts with Thumbnails