6.28.2010

Meal Planning Ideas


It's been awhile since I shared one of my meal plans; considering last week's post about my homekeeping binder, along with my talk about meal planning pages, I thought I'd share this week's meal plan today.

Hope you glean a few ideas!

Snacks throughout the week:
Homemade breads
Popcorn
Nuts
Fruit

Monday:
Cinnamon raisin walnut bread, jam
Turkey sandwiches
Grilled chicken and glazed grilled carrots

Tuesday:
Salty eggs (This is what we call them around here, anyway!  Like sunny-side up, but cooked through on both sides, with salt and pepper, then placed on a slice of buttered homemade bread)
Tuna sandwiches, pickles
Cajun beans and rice

Wednesday:
Power muffins
Egg salad sandwiches
Spaghetti w/ bacon & tomatoes, homemade garlic cheese bread, salad

Thursday:
Toast w/ jam
Grilled cheese sandwiches (using sharp cheddar)
Chicken & poblano enchiladas (like this recipe, but with less poblano, and add chicken), mexican rice

Friday:
Eggs w/ horseradish, toast, fruit
Leftovers
Stir-fry veggies (or roasted veggies) over rice

Saturday:
Oat pancakes, real maple syrup, sliced bananas
Quiche and salad
Leftovers

Sunday:
Salty eggs
Take-out or leftovers

What does your meal plan look like this week?

           Warmly,
post signature

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First time here? Get each new post tucked into your email.
{For more meal plans, check out Orgjunkie's Menu Plan Monday.}


7 comments:

  1. Your menu looks good! We are all out of school for the summer (hubby & I are both teachers) so I need to start planning all 3 meals instead of only dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your healthy menu! Very well planned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your great ideas! I really love all your meals and how you never eat the same thing twice during the week except for Sat. Do you ever hae leftovers? What do you do then? Move things around or freeze? Love to know... I always have gobs of leftovers it seems. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Amy ~ Thank you! Yes, we have leftovers quite a bit; I try to use them in a lunch or two or on the weekend. See how on Thursday we are having enchiladas for dinner? I know that I'll have leftovers, so I wrote in leftovers for lunch on Friday.

    Also, when I grill chicken on Monday, I'll grill extra to integrate it somehow into Tuesday.

    I do freeze the portions sometimes, but I'm extremely finicky about that ;o) Usually, I only freeze extra bread, fruits, veggies, etc; not necessarily prepared, previously cooked foods. That's just a preference of mine.

    Hope that helps! Thanks for commenting!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jamie,

    Canada Girl's Tightwad Tuesday meme has moved to my blog. I'd love it if you linked up. Your meal plan could be an inspiration to others.

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Annie ~ Thanks for the invitation; I just linked up. What a helpful blog you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting to the party.

    We call salty eggs--over easy eggs.

    Have a great week.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy reading your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts; you've all helped to create a wonderful little community here at Like a Bubbling Brook.

Please remember the old adage "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." While I love to hear from you, comments encouraging division and condemnation will not be published - rather, they will be promptly deleted.

I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say! I wish we could chat over coffee or tea one day ~

xoxo,

Jaime

Related Posts with Thumbnails